Saturday, 31 December 2016

2016 - A testing year.

2016 was not the worst year ever but at the same time it was not a terribly kind year to me.

You have more than likely noticed my, what is it, 6 month absence from my blog. My confidence and strength were seriously challenged in the last 6 months of 2016. At one point I didn't think I would make it through in one piece.

To my surprise I have come out of it stronger than I could ever imagined. I have come out fighting. I will not be defeated by people with small minds who think that they are better than everyone else, who will do what they can to bring others down. I do not give anybody permission to treat me like rubbish!

My future is not defined by my past but is in fact defined by my attitude. I can achieve anything that I want by working hard for it. The biggest lesson I have learnt this year is to not overwhelm myself. When I am faced with a big task and start to feel overwhelmed I now break everything down into smaller tasks. The smaller tasks are much more achievable and all work to the larger objective.

My 2017 word of the year is ...


I will be stronger in 2017!

I cannot promise that I will blog regularly, but I will blog more frequently (not that once every 6 months is difficult to beat). I will work towards achieving my dreams, in small steps working towards the larger objective! 

Hope 2017 is everything you hope it will be! Do you have a word of the year?

3 comments:

  1. I don't have a word of the year but strength would do me good I think. Sending you the best of luck for the coming year, one day at the time. It's good to see you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back! strength is good - believing in yourself and staying true to your values is perfect. I don't have a word for the year, but send you all my best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Strength is a great word for the year! I too am easily overwhelmed so I understand completely. I think my word would be Balance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.