Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Lets Rainbow Ripple!


There is nothing like a tight deadline to focus the mind!

Crochet is my first love but last year I spent more time knitting that crocheting, so this year I decided that I would choose more crochet projects to do & so far I have managed it (only just).

One of my favourite things to crochet is blankets, crochet & blankets were made to be together son't you think? A work colleague is going to be a daddy for the first time in a couple of weeks and I thought it would be a good idea to make the baby a blanket. They know that they are having a little girl but they are not pink or blue kinda people so I decided that a colourful rainbow ripple was the way forward.

For this project I have used Rico creative cotton, which comes is a range of vibrant rainbow colours and I like the feel of the fabric it produces. I have used this yarn several times for baby blankets in the past, it feels nice and cosy and I image it would keep a baby snug & cosy! with only two weeks remaining I have 14 colour changes to complete and then I need to decide if I will add a border or leave it as it is (I guess time will dictate that to me). I really need to get a move on with this blanket!!


I have really lost my reading mojo lately so I have been reading through some magazines. The only magazine I subscribe to is Pom Pom Quarterly and the others I just buy adhoc, if there is something in there that peaks my interest. I recently discovered Flow magazine and picked it up based on the first article. It have proved to be a very interesting magazine indeed.

Today I am joining in with A Yarn Along. I'd love to hear about your reading and current projects.

5 comments:

  1. Lucky baby to be wrapped in such a glorious rainbow blanket! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rainbow ripple is looking wonderful. The new baby will enjoy the bright colors well into toddler hood, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love Flow. It is SO expensive, but I always give in and buy it anyway.
    The baby blanket is beautiful. I need to learn to crochet; knitting blankets takes forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a gorgeous blanket, lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blanket! The baby is very lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.