Wednesday, 11 November 2015

A Yarn Along

sorry about the poor quality of this image, the lens on my phone is scratched.
I will replace asap

Its been a little while since I have participated in A yarn Along, well lets face it, its been a while since I participated in anything really over here in blogsville.
So currently I am reading The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham, A book I have read before and decided I wanted to revisit this year. Its an awesome book. I'm on the home run now with only about 20% left to read, I can't wait to share my thoughts on the book with you once I have completed it, its almost 10 years since I last read it.

In terms of knitting I have a few projects going on at the minute (don't we all?!) The one I am sharing with you today is Wispy Cardi by Hannah Fettig. I'm knitting it up in Drops Alpaca 4 ply yarn. After vowing that I would never knit a garment in 4 ply here I am, knitting a garment in 4 ply! The pattern is a little confusing in place but now I've got my head round it its very easy going, just knitting in 4 ply can be a little demoralising at times! The colour is a mustard colour, when once I was drawn to reds and purples, I now seem to go for mustards and greens (funny how our tastes change).

I do like Hannah Fettig's simply but very effective style. I by happy accident recently acquired Hannah's book called 'Home & Away'. I bought the book as a birthday gift for my best friend. Unfortunately some one else also got Isla the same book so she passed me the copy I bought her and I have in return bought her a different book.

Ive not really had chance to look through the book but from what I have seen it looks like an amazing book, well styled and the garments I can see becoming staple pieces in my wardrobe. From the outset there are a couple of patterns I know that I would love to make myself, I can't wait to get cracking on my next pattern.

6 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by the book you mentioned. I will have a little look on Amazon. I rather like 4 ply, ad the very fine needles that go with it. Day of the Triffids is a fab book, haven't read it for years, thank you for reminding me about it X

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty! And so tiny...I love little stitches, but they take me forever to get through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely color! I'll check out the book you're reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour, really autumnal. I cannot knit but really admire those who can.
    The knitting book looks like a designer clothes magazine!
    Happy Knitting, XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour, really autumnal. I cannot knit but really admire those who can.
    The knitting book looks like a designer clothes magazine!
    Happy Knitting, XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.