Friday, 4 September 2015

Tehquamenon Shawl - Rohn Strong



You may recall that last month I tested a crochet pattern for Rohn Strong. I have been meaning to  tell you all about it but life has just taken over! I also took a couple of weeks out from this little space. 

I felt very privileged to take part in the testing process, and thoroughly enjoyed liberating yarn from my stash to complete the project. I used two different yarns of the same weight:

Coldharbour mill Aran yarn in Jade
North Ronaldsay Aran yarn in a natural grey.
I used the full yardage on each skein and a 5.5mm crochet hook

The Tehquamenon Shawl is a very simple and quick project, its suitable for all ability levels. I finished the shawl in just two (maybe three) sessions so easily a weekend project and the pattern is so easily adaptable to be a small shawl to a much larger cosy shawl. I opted to follow the pattern to the later as I was happy with the sizing but I will make it larger next time. Yes I will be making this one again.

It really benefits from a good tough blocking as well once completed I gave it a good soak and then stretched it out over my blocking mats. This certainly increased the size of my shawl and flattened it a little too. 

Most of the shawls I make tend to be worn as scarf, just the way I am, I very rarely use them as shawls so I like them nice and cosy. I can see this shawl becoming a nice winter scarf this year and being a well used garment over the coming month.




1 comment:

  1. Looks a very graceful shape, and pretty colours X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.