Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Slowing down

The summer holidays are in full swing here and we have enjoyed a slower pace of life over the last couple of weeks. This week I am home with the little lady and we have been blessed with the good weather as well. 

Little ladies friends are all away so I have been trying to keep her occupied during the day with lots of different activities. Yesterday I took the decision to buy a posh pom pom maker after making a dodgy shaped pom pom using the traditional method. That purchase was a good move as little lady immediately pulled out the scrap yarn basket and set to making lots of lovely pom pom's. 


In a matter of half an hour little lady had made several 'they're so fluffy' pom poms...



My activity this week has been mostly on my Pwani shawl. I have just finished the second garter tab and I am about to join the next colour for the second lace panel. I am loving this shawl but I am not sure I will make the deadline of the end of August as the rows are getting so long now and after this week my knitting time will be limited again.


I am still working my way through 'The Night Circus' by Erin Morgenstern. I seem to have been reading this for such a long time. I don't have any issues with the book, in fact I am really enjoying it. I just don't seem to find the time to read. That said, being off work for a couple of weeks has meant I have found more time to read as well as knit. I have now managed 85% of the book so not much left now and the book has really picked up pace. Such a magical book that I can't wait to finish now.

Today I am linking in with A Small Things blog. 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely looking shawl and brilliant pompoms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun thing to do! Those pom poms look terrific. I hope you're enjoying your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for pompoms! I loved that book - when I was reading it I thought it was good but I didn't stop thinking about it for ages afterwards. I'd be interested to see what else she's been writing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.