Friday, 24 July 2015

Weekend WIP Along #9 - A Test Shawl



Another Friday is here and that can only mean its Weekend WIP Along time. I hope you have had a lovely week, mine seems to have totally flown by yet again. I am off work today which is a bonus, I would love my day to be filled with crafting but the reality is it is the school holidays and there is plenty to be done in the house and activities with little lady (which of course will be fun).

Last weekend was filled with birthday party activity and eating out with the family to celebrate both little lady's and my birthday. I would also like to thank you for all your birthday wishes. I did manage a little crafting over the weekend. In fact I cast on a new shawl with my new Hiya Hiya circular needles.

I cast on a new shawl (more to come on that in a post next week), I am also very close to finishing off the first pester sock however both of those projects have been put to one side for a special project. I am currently testing a simple crochet shawl for Rohn Strong, I've never done testing on a pattern before. I cast on the shawl on Wednesday night and it needs to be finished by the end of this weekend which is really achievable as its super easy and super quick but a very effective design. I would say I completed around 70% in one sitting.

This weekend will see me concentrate on completing this pattern and once I finish it I will continue work on the pester socks.

Last week I posted up about the last minute bunting, well I did finish the bunting and it looked great, I will write a separate post about the little lady's birthday party for you.

So what are you weekend project plans? Spinning? Knitting/crochet? Sewing? Baking? if you have a blog then why not join in below with the link up. post up your link and link back to this post to join in. I love to read what you are all doing.


3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your shawl knitting this weekend, sounds like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this weekend will be catching up on laundry, uni work, cleaning, trying to decide which room to rip out next! Test knitting would be a bit daunting for me. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another busy week for you. Nice that your daughter and you have birthdays so close together X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.