Friday, 17 July 2015

Weekend WIP Along #8 & A Birthday

Hello again, another week gone and for me another year older!

Cake for breakfast is allowed on your birthday!
Yes I had another birthday this week so its been a busy week, especially since today is the little ladies birthday as well. July is always a busy month for our family. 

For my birthday I got lots of yarny goodness, Mr.M bought me some sock blockers, a lovely crochet book, some hiya hiya circulars, some wys yarn along with lots of other lovely gifts from my friends and family. I am so proud of Mr. M purchasing such lovely yarn goodies for me I do feel very spoilt.

just a few of my gifts

As you will have ready earlier in the week, I have been hooking up some bunting ready for the little ladies birthday part and other than that I have not really worked on anything. Little ladies birthday party is tomorrow so I will be busy all day getting ready for that and on Sunday we are going out for lunch.

With all of that in mind I'm pretty sure that I wont get much knitting done. If I do manage to find some time to knit I will be working on what I have called the Pester socks, so called because Mr. M pestered me until I cast him on a pair of socks. Other than that I have no knitting/crochet plans. 

So what are you weekend project plans? Spinning? Knitting/crochet? Sewing? Baking? if you have a blog then why not join in below with the link up. post up your link and link back to this post to join in. I love to read what you are all doing.

10 comments:

  1. Hope your daughter's part goes super-well! Hoping my weekend will include a little knitting and stitching X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous birthday haul!!!! Love your sock blockers and that shawl book looks very interesting.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to use my sock blockers, I borrowed my friends last time i needed them.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Shelley! Hope you enjoy your weekend and Little Lady has a wonderful time too. Such wonderful birthday gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday - yummy cupcake! Well done your oh for getting yarny stuff, quite brave for a bloke I think! I have never heard of sick blockers, but what a fab name :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cakes were lovely. My husband did so well, I think my best friend had a little input since she owns Brityarn and he bought some of it from her.

      Delete
  5. Hi Shelley, some lovely birthday gifts there, I love wys yarn. I've hooked up with your linky thing, although my post is Friday's but I did more of the same over the weekend......ribbon sorting and a little cross stitch and I've just finished some pester knitting too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up, nice to have you on board.
      WYS is a lovely sock knitting yarn, although My hubby has bought it to go with the shawl book he got me thinking it would be ideal for that, I may re distribute it to other projects though.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.