Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Crochet Bowl Pattern

Crochet Bowl

Picture courtesy of Brityarn


Yarn used: Blacker Chunky
Hook size: 5mm
Terms used are UK terms
CH = chain
DC = double crochet
BL = black loop


I created the Base using a standard circular increase which is as follows

Chain 6 and slip stitch into the first CH. To create a circle.
Round 1:   6DC into the circle.
Round 2 -  2DC into each DC (12 DC)
Round 3 - *2DC into 1st DC 1DC I to the next DC* repeat from *-* around (18 DC)
Round 4 - *2DC into first DC 1dc into the next 2 DC's*  repeat from *-* around (24 DC)
Round 5 - *2DC into first DC 1DC into each of the next 3DC* repeat from *-* around (30 DC)
Round 6 -  work even all the way around (1 dc in each dc)  (30 dc)
Round 7-   *2 DC into first DC then 1 DC into each of the next 4 DC* repeat from *-* (36 DC)
Round 8 -  *2DC into first DC then 1 DC into each of the next 5 DC* repeat from *-* (42DC)
Round 9 -  *2 DC into first DC then 1 DC in each of the next 6 DC* repeat from *-*(48 DC)
Round 10 - *2 DC in the first DC and then 1 DC in each of the next 7DC* repeat from *-* (54 DC)
Round 11 -  work even all the way around (1DC in each DC) (54 DC)
Round 12 - *2DC in the first DC and then 1 DC in each of the next 8 DC*  repeat from *-* (60DC)
Round 13 - work even around, however work 1DC into the BL only of each DC around. (60DC)
Round 14 and beyond - 1 dc in each all the way around.  Continue in this manner until the desired height has been reached.

To finish I worked what I call the crocodile stitch. Work double crochet as you normally would however instead of working into the next DC work to the DC behind, work the DC in the reverse. This creates a beautiful edging to finish with.

Enjoy, if you have any questions then please get in touch. I would love to see your crochet bowls if you make one. 

7 comments:

  1. Cute bowl, and Thankyou for the pattern. I'm intrigued by what's in the bowl though - tons of pots of lip balm ?
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill, I made the bowl for isla at Brityarn and she stores her lovely stitch markers in them for resale.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Shelley! Can't wait to make these......xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I look forward to seeing your finished bowls

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the pattern Shelley, I have loads of stash chunky arn that could do with using up, I think I may be filling mine with little chocolates for Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look forward to seeing them finished and full of chocolate :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the pattern Shelley, I have loads of stash chunky arn that could do with using up, I think I may be filling mine with little chocolates for Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.