Wednesday, 15 July 2015

A last minute project


Don't you love it when you have an idea but are limited on time to implement said idea?!

This weekend will mark my daughters 8th birthday (I struggle to comprehend where the time has gone to). This year she is having a little tea party with a few friends so I am going to decorate the dining room up for her.

So the idea, I wanted some crochet bunting to put up for her. I have lots of scraps of yarn that I keep for such projects so the yearn was not an issue, the problem is I only had the idea at the weekend giving me a week to create the bunting. I also have work and all my usual jobs to also fit into that week.


So far I have thirteen triangles which may be enough but if I manage more that would be great. Luckily these little triangles are quick and easy to make at around 10/15 minutes per triangle (without sewing in the ends). I have used Stylecraft DK yarn and a 4mm Hook and not followed any pattern. I hope they create a lovely little display in the dining room for Little Lady's tea party.


I do love crochet, anyone who has read my blog for a while will know that crochet is my first love although I do seem to knit more than crochet these days. Its good to be working on a crochet project again.

I really have lost my reading mojo at the minute so my reading is currently limited to knitting & crochet magazines. I really need to find my reading mojo again!

Today I am lining in with a yarn along. 

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet birthday idea, perfect for a tea party! And a good way to use up scraps of yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I always keep my scraps for such projects.

      Delete
  2. I love crochet bunting and have wanted to make one. How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wanting to crochet a bunting, but I don't have a fun reason to do so like you. I think I'm the only one who'd actually enjoy it. I'm sure your daughter and her friends will love the one you make for the tea party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. make it for the garden in summer, Bunting always looks great in the garden.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely idea! I'm sure it will all come together at the last minute and look fantastic! Please post some pics... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hooking it together on Friday night ready to hang up on Saturday for the party haha.
      Pictures will be up soon Laura :)

      Delete
  5. What a lovely idea, and beautiful colours too! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.