Wednesday, 24 June 2015

A Yarn Along - Old Growth


Being off work certainly has its advantages. This week I have been working on the Little Ladies cardigan and after only a few sittings (exceptionally long sittings) I am almost finished it.  I've really got stuck into knitting this cardigan. I think because I am knitting in aran yarn it is working up quite quickly. 


I love Tin Can Knit patterns as they are seamless making it more likely that once its completed it wont sit in my basket just waiting to be sewn up. I am hoping that I will finish the cardigan today, all I have left to do is the yoke and the button bands. I will then need to raid the button box to see if I have any/enough suitable buttons for it or if i need to order some. I love my button box, a little box of colourful treasure, you remove the lid and can't help but smile and dive your hand into the treasure to see what you might discover.


I continue (slowly) to read The Night Circus and the more I read the more I love it, I guess as I am enjoying my knitting so much this week I will continue to read at the same pace. 

I am enjoying having lots of flowers around the house this week. If you read my blog regularly (thank you) then you will know last week I had a minor operation on my knee and this week I am recovering, I have had friends and family visit and with them they have brought some lovely flowers. The smell fills the house and the colours are bright and cheery. I shall be sad when all the vases are empty and the lovely scents have dissipated but thankful they were here if only for a short time. 

Today I am linking up with A Yarn Along.





9 comments:

  1. Hope your recovery goes well, flowers are a lovely thing. I am off to check that sweater pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sweater!!! Enjoy your 'down time' and speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I recognized that lace pattern from Tin Can Knits! I love their patterns but I have yet to make any of them.
    I hope the recovery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, there's nothing more fun than a full button box ; ) Wishing you a speedy, worry-free recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your knitting looks wonderful! Night Circus was one of my favourites too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cardigan looks lovely! I have also read the Night Circus and I agree to more I read it the more I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Tin Can Knits patterns. The Harvest Cardigan has been in my queue forever. I want to use some hand spun but not sure if I have enough. Can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your kind comment. :) I love your cardi! Your photos look so sweet and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are recovering well from surgery and taking it easy. Your knitting is beautiful, the leaf pattern is lovely X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.