Friday, 22 May 2015

Weekend WIP Along #1

I would love to be an everyday knitter but the fact of the matter is that I am not, I am usually out of the house around 10 - 11 hours a day at work Monday to Friday as well as being a mother and a wife, so I don't often knit/crochet in the week, if the opportunity arises then its a bonus, however I have come to accept that this is how it is and I take it as it comes. So that said most of my yarny pursuits happen from Friday night through to Sunday.

I thought I would start a little link party if you would be interested? I will post up on a Friday all my WIP's and what my intentions are for the weekend/week ahead and my progress from the previous week. These can be any projects you like, knitting, crochet, sewing, embroidery, spinning or whatever you have to share! Would you like to join in? pop your link in and let the fun commence, lets see how this link along goes? If it turns out that you would like to join in I will make a button for it.

So here at Little House in the Corner I have a few projects on the go. Well three to be precise:


The Tsunami Socks, I have one sock completed and the other still to cast on. I find these difficult to work on with people around as every row is pretty much a pattern row, hence the slow progress! I am not sure that I will be casting on the second sock this weekend though.


My Crochet Hap for the #Hapalong, I mentioned in my last post that I was worried about running out of yarn, and even though I swatched, tested the gauge as well as worked out my yardage, I did indeed run out of yarn so I placed a new yarn order & luckily I managed to acquire the same dye lot! not much left to do on this project now. As long as my yarn arrives, this is my project of choice for the weekend. I am eager to get this finished now.


I also have another crochet project on the go which is something that I have had on the go for a long time now. Its something I just pick up every now and then. Crochet squares to make a blanket at some point in the future, I am in no rush with this one so it just sits in my project bag until I feel inspired to make a few squares.

So that is my W.I.P's this week. As it is going to be a bank holiday here I am hoping for a little more time to work on my project. I am currently resisting the urge to cast on more lovely project too! I must stay strong!

So what will you be working on this weekend? I look forward to seeing all your lovely projects.
Happy Bank Holiday.




1 comment:

  1. Have sent my link thru Shelley! Hope it worked!! Love your projects, especially those yummy crochet colours!xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.