Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Schools Out Cardigan



I don't think I have mentioned this cardigan on the blog at all (not sure why). Sometime ago I started the Schools out cardigan. I purchased the pattern from Yarndale 2014.

I used woolcraft Superwash 4 ply sock yarn as I wanted a hard wearing yarn that could be washed (you know what 7 year olds are like) and I knitted in age 8-9 knowing it would take me a while to knit it.  I let little lady choose the yarn and I was quite impressed that she didn't pick the pink.

The pattern appealed to me as it is knit all in one (we all hate sewing up right?, and as I have mentioned in many of my previous posts, it is my downfall and often the reason I don't finish a project for ages) and was so easy to cast on, I did have to call upon Mrs ID at knit group to help me when it came to the sleeve area but we got there eventually!

The problem with knitting with 4 ply is, that even though it creates such a beautiful fabric it takes blooming ages to knit up. so I cast on in Deceber and it took me till mid April to finish as I often got bored with knitting it. There are a couple of mistake but I am still proud that I have finished this and it marked a step up in my knitting skill to.

Little lady was so keen to get her new cardi and insisted on wearing it straight away (even though it was a little chilly out that day).

Full details of this project are available on ravelry.


8 comments:

  1. It is lovely! And your little lady is very pretty. I have just cast on a cardigan with sock yarn and have started to regret it already.... a few rows here and there will finish it in the end. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina. Yes 4ply looks li Ely bit it does take so long! Slowly does it and you will get there :) look forward to seeing it. Sx

      Delete
  2. That is such a sweet little cardi (and beautifully modelled!) I can just imagine it over a little summer dress. Very pretty X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny, she adores this cardi already, although I am not sure I will make another in 4 ply!

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful! I love her smile, she is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely, as is your daughter :). I knit a jumper in 4ply for my daughter. It took me ages too, never again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes I love the cardi but i am not sure I would do it again, the pattern is delightful but knitting such a garment in 4ply is a little tedious.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.