Wednesday, 29 April 2015

A Yarn Along

So its been a little while since I have hooked up with A Yarn Along over at the small things blog, so I thought I would participate this week.

I have not been reading really, although I am still reading Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell when I have the time. This doesn't bode well for my reading challenge 2015! I really must make more of an effort with reading.

This month I have a few Finished Projects to tell you about (I will leave that for another post I think), that I completed in April, but as with every knitter/crocheter I have a couple of other projects on the go!

I tried with all my energy not to be drawn into another KAL/CAL in the hope of getting some long term projects and plans completed but Mrs ID is a complete and utter enabler!!! The lovely Louise over at Knit British has done a wonderful series of blog posts about the traditional Hap and from this came the #hapalong. As I feel that most of my projects of late have been all about the knitting I wanted to avoid another KAL. I love crochet and just think I have not done enough of it lately.

Pop over to Louise's blog you will discover (if you don't already know) that the Hap is a tradition knitted shawl/blanket so that sorted it for me, I wont join in. Then Mrs ID casually mentions the latest post from Louise about the crochet versions, I pop over to read it and well between the two of them they convinced me and I now have a Hap on the hook! who knew!

So if you want to join in there is still plenty of time, there is a ravelry group as well as hash tags for instagram and twitter. so go check it out.


I am not one to melt into the crowds, I often like to have something bright and bold, so after I chose my pattern I went for the yarn.

Red, my favourite colour. the official cast on night was fun, with a social media hang out and a glass of wine. Cast off isn't until Mid July but I have already completed the centre panel of my Hap and I have the border to now complete which is several rounds (I am actually worried I will run out of yarn, even though I ordered enough). I am so enjoying this project but I font often get time to stop by ravelry and see what everyone else is doing.


I also have another crochet project on the go and a pair of socks I am knitting for me (yes me)

What projects are you working on?

If you want to keep tabs on my blog you can follow me over on Bloglovin as well

12 comments:

  1. Love the colour you have chosen for your Hap! I love a splash of bright colour, particularly good for our British weather,which can so often be grey and dull X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny, I do love bright colours. Colour has the ability to cheer up any dull day! :)

      Delete
  2. Red's my favourite colour too. Looking forward to seeing more of your Hap :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty shawl! I hope you will blog about your progress as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, I will certainly try my best to blog again before it is completed. Thanks

      Delete
  4. Lovely projects! I am sure you can never have too many on the go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never! I only have three on the go now which is an improvement. hahaha

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of the traditional hap - but I'm certainly going to look into it, sounds intriguing. Did you get your red yarn from Wool Warehouse? I recognize the beautiful packaging :) I use my drawstring bags to pop my knitting projects into when I'm on the go. Glad I found a fellow UK knitter on the Yarn Along link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley, yes the yarn was from Wool Warehouse :) I shall re use the packaging to store either yarn or projects in.
      Always great to hook up with other Uk knitters too.
      Sx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.