Tuesday, 17 March 2015

February's yarn adventures

Just as I got used to February it seems to have bid us farewell and we are already half way through the march, I simply cant get my head around how fast time is going lately. February was a bit of a mixed bag filled with every emotion going. Overall February has been great and I am looking forward to Spring. I love the fact that when I leave in a morning for work now it is already light. The longer days are really lifting of the spirits of those around me and a sigh of relief leaves me as spring is arriving. I do really love spring!

I am feeling quite accomplished this month, I have spun the best yarn I have ever done, I posted about that here, I also have three, yes three finished WIPs in February:

First of the needles (was the last WIP I started) was my Lapsang hat. I cast this on at the same time as Mrs. ID, she has the same hat now but in different yarn. It was a joint decision to make these ready for Edinburgh Yarn Festival. The hat is a Clare Devine Pattern and I cast it on using Eden Cottage Yarn Alpaca Chunky which I liberated from my stash. The pattern was so simple the only issue I had was playing yarn chicken towards the end, I think I only had a about 60cm of yarn left!


second of the needles were my lovely Rye Socks by Tin Can Knits. I wrote about them in February here. I was chuffed to bits to finally have a pair of socks of the needles.

Third of the needle was another Tin Can Knits Pattern, The Waffle Blanket from 9 months of knitting. The blanket is for my Friends new born baby. It was only just off the needles in February and the baby was just born last week. I used Stylecraft Aran for this project and it produced such a lovely fabric.The pattern only used 2 and  half balls. I did try two other patterns before I settled on this one and each one I just didn't like or the pattern didn't work the way I had anticipated. I was happy with the Tin Can Knits  pattern though as it just worked up so quickly and looks really affective.

Not the best picture. This is t the blocking stage. 
So there we have it, three finished projects in one month, this may explain why my reading progress was not that good. I'm not sure March will be as productive!



3 comments:

  1. LOVE your hat, and your glasses are not dissimilar to mine, you have very good taste lol
    Your blanket is really lovely, I especially like the glass of wine next to it :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blanket! Well done on completing so many projects. Your hat is very cute too! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hat! Is the pattern on ravelry?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.