Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Megan's Reading Corner

Here is a reading post with a difference! I will do my usual monthly post about the books that I have read in the coming days but today I wanted to share something new with you.

My gorgeous little lady, Megan, has turned into a little book worm. She is now 7 and over the last few months has developed a thirst for books. I update my reading through goodreads allowing me to keep track of what I have read as well as updating my blog too. However there doesn't seem anything available for children and goodreads has an age limit on it. Any ideas?

So I thought every month I would ask Megan her thoughts on the books she has read.

Since the start of the year Megan has read:

  • The Boy in the Dress, David Walliams
  • Awful Auntie, David Walliams,
  • Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets, J.K Rowling
  • The Fantastic Mr Fox, Roald Dahl.
Not necessarily in that order. I went on Pinterest (you gotta love Pinterest) to get some inspiration and found a little template that Megan could complete when she has finished a book. This may evolve as Megan feels she wants to share more about her reads. Hopefully she will start to type these posts herself as she becomes more confident. 

So Megan's first book report is on the Chamber of Secrets...


Sorry the image is a bit dark, I hope to improve this as we go on. As you can see Megan loved the scene where the flying car crashed into the whomping willow and was smashed. Her favourite character was Hermione because she is clever. Filling in the little report made Megan think about what she has been reading and explain how she felt about it. She obviously enjoyed it as she read it in about a week and has given it 4 stars. 

I love that she heads of to bed a little early in order to read an extra chapter of her book and I am so proud that she reads so much and really enjoys it, Megan has a book shelf full of books to read but at the rate she is going they wont last her to long.


7 comments:

  1. I bought my mum a "Books I have read" journal in Waterstones at Christmas - perhaps something like that would work for Megan? I have 2 daughters - one can't get enough of books (tho at 17 college work always gets in the way) and the other will only read when forced to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thats a great idea. I will look into it.
      Shelley

      Delete
  2. Lovely! What lovely legible handwriting too! An excellent review by Megan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny. I will pas on your lovely compliment to Megan.
      Shelley

      Delete
  3. Hey Shelley,
    Just popped in from seeing your link up on Laura's blog. I think this is a lovely way for your daughter to chart her reading. And what a great archive to look back in later years. I often note down the books I read and what I enjoyed about them. My Mum bought me some nifty bookmarks with space to jot down 'ideas to discuss' 'words to look up' and 'conversations to strike up' but I like Meghan's better ;))
    Now following you on bloglovin'
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea. Her handwriting is beautiful, I am sure she will treasure these for years to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very lucky to have a girl who loves to read! What a little star. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.