Thursday, 15 January 2015

Yarn Along - Chèche à la sauce

Last week I started a new project & this week I finished it! I know I know that was pretty quick!

I have had some lovely mustard coloured Brigantia DK yarn in my stash for a while, I bought it from Duttons for Buttons in York on a girly day out with Mrs. ID and Little lady. Mustard is really not a colour I am usually drawn to (its often reds and purples) but the colour really caught my eye and with nothing in mind I purchased three skeins and stashed them away (as us yarny types do).

So while mooching around on pinterest I saw the Chèche à la sauce shawl and knew that it would look (and feel) great in the Brigantia so I set too! Mr poor long suffering husband had to help with balling up the skeins (bless him). The pattern is a translated pattern so there are some inconsistencies and I had to make changes along the way to make it work but I'm okay at that, if it had have been knitting I would have been calling on Mrs ID's help. Once I got going, it worked up so quickly and I finished it on Tuesday night while watching silent witness (as you do). It really needs a good blocking and the ends sewing in but apart from that it is done.



I have been really good and updated my ravelry page with this project :)

I realised while crocheting away how much I have missed my crochet hooks lately. Most of my current projects are knitting related. I realised that crochet is often so much quicker than knitting! although I did feel guilty as I should be working on a baby blanket for a gift and also Little ladies cardigan, both have been laying abandoned in my knitting basket all week. I guess the blanket takes priority since the baby is due to make is entrance into the world in just over a month!

Also this week I have continued with my Terry Pratchett journey, reading the first Disc world book, and a quirky read it is too! I'm around 70% through the book and I do find myself giggling away while reading it. 
I have also listened the radio 4 adaptation of Good Omens which was written by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman this week which was great. It helped me through a hefty work load. 

Today I am joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along over at a small things blog.




8 comments:

  1. Lovely, I bet it keeps you nice and warm. I ball up my yarn by placing the yarn over my feet. It counts as exercise because you need to keep your tummy muscles tight and leg muscles, too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That, Christina, is a cracking Idea! I will have to give that a go next time. I'm sure Mr.M would prefer that opton as well.

      Delete
  2. That shawl is pretty, and I think it is a good color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, what a quick project how very satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every now and then a quick project is reqiured dont you think? just to spur you on with the larger projects.

      Delete
  4. Your shawl looks brilliant, well done finishing it so quickly!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.