Friday, 28 November 2014

Chelsea Waistcoat is Finished

I have loved making the Chelsea Waistcoat from Purl Alpaca Designs. I have to say I finished knitting this some time ago (I mean at least a couple of months ago), it has been left neglected in my basket with just the ends to sew in and then a good blocking. Finishing off is not always my strong point. I guess I am worried that once I have successfully finished knitting, I will muck it all up sewing together. Once finished and blocked I have worn it a few times before I managed to photograph it (badly) so that you could see it!

As I finished each section I blocked them, I'm not sure if this was what I was meant to do but figured it would make sewing everything together a lot easier. I discovered that my little blocking board was not big enough and resorted to blocking on the carpet in the corner of my living room (much to Mr. M's delight). I then sewed all the pieces together and there is where it ended for a short (okay maybe a little longer) time.

So finally as part of the WipCrackAway group on ravelry I sat and finished it off the soaked it and gave it another hard blocking.

 


I used Brignatia Aran to make my Waistcoat, I think it was 3 skeins I used and I loved the pattern, there are a few mistakes in my knitting but that is my errors nothing to do with the pattern, I am still fairly new to knitting and still working out certain increases. I ended up with little holes where I was increasing which I quickly worked out was because I was doing it incorrectly but I sussed it eventually. It was a lovely simple pattern to follow.

I did start this project back in August and discussed it on the blog. All the details are also on my Ravelry page.

p.s - sorry about the dodgy pictures, the light is shocking and unfortunately for you it has me in them too!


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely unusual garment! I love the colour, and never apologise for being in your own photo's, it's actually really nice to see folk when they post photo's on their blogs! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really suits you, really unusual design. Love the colour :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.