Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Slow Cooked Chicken Casserole

Winter is almost upon us and I am craving hearty warm winter food. Our slow cooker becomes the most used piece of equipment when Winter arrives, its so convenient and easy. Prepare the food in the morning and by the time you are home in the evening there is a lovely warm dinner waiting for you.

So I thought I would share our slow cooked chicken casserole with you, I have provided a list of the ingredients below but this can often change depending on what is available from the veg patch or what we have in the fridge so don't be afraid to experiment.

Slow Cooked Chicken Casserole



Ingredients

6 x Chicken Thighs
4 x Carrots (medium or large carrots)
4 x Large Potatoes
2 x Courgettes
3 x Cloves of garlic
1 Red Onion
1/2 cup Dark Soy Sauce
1/2 cup of water
2 tbsp tomato puree
can of chopped Tomatoes

Season with Pepper (I don't add salt as the soy sauce replaces the salt, adding more salt is a little to much for my taste).

Simply chop everything up (I usually chop all the veg up quite chuncky so it doesnt get to soft) and put it all in the slow cooker give it a good mix and put on a medium heat for 8 hours.

Finally serve and enjoy, perhaps a lovely crusty roll alongside will complete the meal but I love it all on its own. 

If you are doing slimming world then this is free on Extra Easy and Red days which is a bonus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.