Friday, 12 September 2014

Bake Day

It is a well known fact that us knitters love a bit of cake, I certainly do!

Baking has not been at the top of my to do list over the last few months mostly because time has not allowed. With studying and all the other things that come with being a full time employee, a wife and a mum. However of late with my new found 'don't give a s*** what people think' attitude I have decided that I am going to try and allocate some time to baking a cake over the weekend. I love baking, I love the smell of baking that fills the house and the cup of tea that follows while enjoying the cake that I made (that is of course if the cake is edible). And of course doesn't the Great British Bake Off inspire us all. Now I will never be anything but a home baker creating cakes following a recipe. I am not an experimental baker, I am just happy to follow a lovely Nigella or Mary Berry recipe!

So my first bake was inspired by a bag full of apples given to me by my Nana, we had a Apple Cake

Recipe from A Spoon Full Sugar 
I was not that keen on this recipe as is was quite dense (perhaps I should have whisked more) and since the butter was substituted with yogurt it lacked a little taste for my liking.

Then this week with a few apples left I made some mini apple loaf cakes, they were so cute. This recipe went down very well with Lil Lady and Mr. M so much so most of it went on the same day. I used 2 small stone loaf tins, the recipe suggests it would make two loafs but I cant see it myself. I was happy with my three little loafs though and it was so quick and easy to make too which is of course a bonus...

Recipe from BBC 
What shall I bake this weekend? Any ideas?
What is your favourite cake to make?

1 comment:

  1. I prefer making muffins as they are quick and easy. They are also easier to take out on picnics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.