Friday, 8 August 2014

Ammolite Cowl Finished


Hello again,

Thanks for your visit again. I have written about this beautiful Ammolite cowl previously here and here. I have eventually finished this project, all ends sewn in and it has been blocked…


Ive loved everything about knitting this cowl. The pattern, the yarn and the process. 

I used 100 British yarn produced at Coldharbour Mill in Uffculme. I bought three skeins as the ball bands did not include a yarn length which was a little disappointing. As it turned out I only used two skeins so I have one left to make a hat or gloves (not decided as yet).

The Pattern was a Tin Can Knits pattern (don't you just love their patterns, I listend to a wonderful interview with one half of tin can knits and fell in love with them even more, I think it was on the Knit British podcast but I cant remeber) from Pom Pom quarterly magazine and it was my first attempt at cable knitting. The only thing I regret is knitting the bigger size. The cowl is a little to big for me but at least it will fit over my jacket in the cold winter days.

I have updated my ravelry page with the details if you would like to take a look. Also please remember you can follow my blog through bloglovin.

1 comment:

  1. I too love Tin Can Knits I made the antler cardigan and loved the pattern. The pattern for the cowl is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.