Saturday, 5 July 2014

Rosebud Baby Cardigan

Hello lovelies,

well this is a later than I had intended, the reason being I have been working on my Ammolite cowl!

I always like to have a couple of projects on the go as sometimes you just feel like working on something that is basic and doesn't require you to think and other times something a little more challenging. The baby cardigan is my simple project.

I cast on the rosebud cardigan last Thursday (27/6/14) as a simple project for the trip in the car to woolfest. I have completed the back already but not as yet started any other parts (because of my obsession with the Ammolite cowl). The pattern is a very basic cardigan, which is easy to follow.

Rosebud cardigan is from Simple knits for cherished babies by Erika Knight. I love this book there are lots of lovely baby knits, however I don't have that many babies to knit for at the moment. The cardigan is for my future niece or nephew due in September (my first niece or nephew). Since we are not sure if my SIL is having a girl or a boy I am knitting in white, you cant go wrong with white really can you? I'm not sure on what kind of yarn this is as it was a hand me down ball of 4 ply that I just want to get out of my stash and make room for all the delicious yarn I purchased at woolfest.
The pattern calls for 2.75mm needles so although it is a simple knit it does not knit up very quickly (especially if you're like me, a slow knitter).



I have already made a newborn cardigan so this one is 3-6 months. I also have plans to cast on a baby blanket and a toy as well but we shall see what I time I get.

If you have plenty of babies to knit for then this book is full of lovely knits for you to make. I couldn't resist purchasing this bargain of a book from a charity shop for just £2!

All my project details & progress are uploaded onto ravelry if you want to take a look over there. I am in the process of updating my stash and projects. You can also follow my blog via Bloglovin, which is the way I read all the blogs I follow these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.