Wednesday, 8 January 2014

A new year means a new project

Here I am as promised blogging more (yay). Well Happy New Year to you all, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and the start to 2014 has been good for you.

New years day saw me picking up my knitting needles and starting a new project. I'm fairly new to knitting (I think I have been knitting about 18 months now) but never really put much effort into it. I always concentrated on my crochet which I am far better & quicker at. However of late I have seen a few patterns that have taken my fancy which has inspired me to knit more.

The reason behind my new project is a friend is expecting a baby (known as little bean) in March. I would normally crochet a blanket but this time I am knitting one! so as I was saying, New Years Day saw me pick up my knitting needles and start a new project, that new project was a baby blanket. I ordered the yarn from Deramores and it arrived on new years eve, I was desperate to get started. Little Bean is (hopefully) a little boy so I bought 6 balls of …


I am a big fan of Rico yarn in general, and this one is just lovely, this picture doesn't really of the colour any justice. My progress so far is not too bad (in my opinion). I still consider myself very new to knitting so I am quite slow. I am loving knitting this blanket, the yarn is just lovely and the pattern is really pretty too. The pattern is from the Knit Now magazine last year some time (I stash away patterns as well as yarn)…


Again this picture doesn't do the blanket justice as there is a beautiful inner border which didn't photograph very well. I hope to have this finished in a couple of weeks and I will show the progress that I make. 

I am playing a long with Tami's WIP Wednesday, pop by and check out all the other lovely, crafty people participating.


3 comments:

  1. That looks just lovely to me... and I love the Rico cotton too. Have fun knitting for Little Bean!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelley!!! Your blanket looks beautiful and that colour is gorgeous!!! Well done on keeping up with the knitting! Happy New Year! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.