Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Knitting WIP

Good Morning Lovely People.

I have now been knitting for around a year. Till recently I have knitted only basic squares but I find that gets a little tedious. I thought the time has now come to push my very basic skills.

A good while ago I purchased a magazine that had a rag doll pattern in it with outfits that you can also knit. Well of course the little lady who is coming up for 6 now wanted it. At the time I hadn't learnt to knit so i stored the pattern for later.

Last week I decided it was time, and after a little help in translating the very confusing pattern I set to knitting her. I obviously have not finished her yet but here she is so far...


She is not the most beautiful knitting you have ever seen, however that said I am very proud I have come this far with her.

as any other knitter/crocheter I have many other WIP's at present but this is the one I am the most proud of.

I am linking in with Tami today, pop by and check the other WIP'ers.

I am very sorry but I am still unable to follow any of your lovely blogs but I do keep adding my follows on bloglovin where possible. Just because I don't follow your blog publicly it doesn't mean I am not interested, I just have not figured out the issue with following people as yet.

Thanks for stopping by and reading about my Knitting adventures today.
Shelley

13 comments:

  1. ...She is not the most beautiful knitting you have ever seen....? But she is so cute, well done to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable. Well done! I think I must knit a rag doll too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable, I bet the recipient will love her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little knitted rag doll, your daughters a lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing good! I have basic knitting skills, and want to expand them to making dolls and animals... But never start with it. You did and your doll is looking very good (as a first project!). Would like to see her with her different outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think what you have done is amazing, and I love that you are experimenting...I would love to do this some time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job!! She looks fantastic - you will find once you start knitting toys, you will be hooked :)

    Congrats on going outside of your comfort zone :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the doll is FANTASTIC! I would love to try a project like this.... uh, oh... another one to add to the list. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little doll! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little doll is so lovely! Knitting toys is so much fun!
    Have a great week! xxBarbina

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute Shelly, well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shelley, your little knitted doll is sweet -- I hope you have finished her up by now. I see I'm not the only one who isn't blogging much. Have had a lot going on but am hoping that things are getting back to a new normal. I need to send out some more snail mail, too so will work on that soon. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at Little House in the Corner, I appreciate your visit and your comments.